We have to admit we are a bit biased.. but this is a stand-out green! Clean, crisp and cheerful with a hint of 1930s character but a real all-round performer.
As with our indoor paint, the Al Fresco Collection is EN:71-3 certified meaning safe to paint children’s toys, it has little to no odour with very low VOC content. It is hard wearing, weatherproof with a robust and chalk finish and of course, it paints like a dream!
- Water based
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for wooden furniture. Also suitable for laminate, powder coated radiators, UPVC, ceramic wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds). Can be used for internal walls – in this case, thinning with up to 10% tap water is advised to ease application.
- Also suitable for interior wood, concrete and most laminate floors with correct application – please note that maintenance may be required in these situations.
- Minimal VOC content with virtually no odour
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2013+A3:2019
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- Finish – flat, almost no sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- Self-levelling - meaning little to no brush marks is achievable
- A 750ml tin will provide a single coat of up to 12.5m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 750ml tin should provide full coverage for just over 6m2on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’ surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 750ml tin will provide less than 6m2of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition for painting - clean, dry, free from wax, grease of penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse and dry. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away! For a great demonstration, see our video from Frenchic TV.
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended.
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement prior to each use.
Application, drying and sealing
- Apply with a good quality brush or a roller
- Allow a minimum of 1 hour between coats
- You may prefer to sand between coats, depending on the desired effect
- Seal with your choice of Frenchic sealant
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.