So fine! Parchment’s timeless, creamy off-white hues will draw you in, inspiring you to write your own story. Neutral and classic.
An elegant, subtle satin paint designed to enhance skirting, coving or any woodwork while at the same time providing an extremely high scuff resistance and a robust finish. Our paint can be used directly onto wood (bare or painted), brick, stone, plaster or any suitably primed rigid surface. No priming or sanding necessary on most surfaces. Complying with EN71:3* means that it is safe to use on children's toys. Size - 500ml.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior use only
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for trims, skirting, doors etc. Also suitable for other interior woodwork, powder coated radiators, and all sorts of furniture including laminate
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2013+A3:2019
- Minimal VOC content and low odour
- Finish – soft satin sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required for any surface except bare metal (in which case use a suitable metal primer)
- A 500ml tin will provide a coat of up to 7m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 500ml tin should provide full coverage for 3.5m2 on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’, surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 500ml tin will provide less than 3.5m2 of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition for painting - clean, dry, free from wax, grease of penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse and dry. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away! For a great demonstration, see our video from Frenchic TV.
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended.
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement prior to each use.
Application, drying and sealing
- Apply with a good quality brush or a roller
- Allow a minimum of 1 hour between coats
- You may prefer to sand between coats, depending on the desired effect
- Seal with your choice of Frenchic sealant
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.