A beautiful, rich russet brown with the perfect name of Pickle... as in the tasty cheese sandwich condiment. Deep toned and dramatic and perfect to spice up your life.
Please note that this is a Limited Edition colour so you won’t find it on our Colour Chart. Catch it while you can!
Perfect for updating your kitchen, bathroom, front door or just about anywhere! Weatherproof Al Fresco is a water based, eco-friendly chalk and mineral furniture paint with a low, almost flat finish. Requiring simple prep, it is self-priming, self-sealing and suitable for wood, laminate, UPVC/composites and metal both indoors and out. Having minimal VOC content and UKCA and EN71-3 compliance, it is safe for use on children’s toys.
For more information, please see the Product Information tab above.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for wooden furniture. Also suitable for laminate, powder coated radiators, UPVC, ceramic wall tiles (we recommend avoiding very wet areas like shower/bath surrounds). Can be used for internal walls – in this case, thinning with up to 10% tap water is advised to ease application.
- Also suitable for interior wood, concrete and most laminate floors with correct application – please note that maintenance may be required in these situations.
- Minimal VOC content with virtually no odour
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2013+A3:2019
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- Finish – flat, almost no sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat for durability
- Self-levelling - meaning little to no brush marks is achievable
- A 750ml tin will provide a single coat of up to 12.5m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 750ml tin should provide full coverage for just over 6m2on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’ surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 750ml tin will provide less than 6m2of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition for painting - clean, dry, free from wax, grease of penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse and dry. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away! For a great demonstration, see our video from Frenchic TV.
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended.
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement prior to each use.
Application, drying and sealing
- Apply with a good quality brush or a roller
- Allow a minimum of 1 hour between coats
- You may prefer to sand between coats, depending on the desired effect
- Seal with your choice of Frenchic sealant
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.