‘No need to ask…’ go for maximum impact with this cool and mysterious deep, inky blue.
Luxurious and practical, Frenchic Chalk Wall Paint is a washable, ultra matte chalk wall paint with very little odour. With superior coverage, this revolutionary product will enhance any room it happens to grace. Applied in only 1-2 coats, it is breathable and durable yet still maintains all the beautiful and unique qualities you would expect from Frenchic. As with all of our other products it is EN 71:3* certified and is ideal for painting nurseries and children's rooms.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior use only
- Chalk and mineral paint formulated for trims, skirting, doors etc. Also suitable for other interior woodwork, powder coated radiators, and all sorts of furniture including laminate
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2013+A3:2019
- Minimal VOC content and low odour
- Finish – soft satin sheen
- Self-sealing - does not require a top coat
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required for any surface except bare metal (in which case use a suitable metal primer)
- A 500ml tin will provide a coat of up to 7m2. For a durable finish, a minimum of 2 coats is required, so your 500ml tin should provide full coverage for 3.5m2 on non-porous surfaces like laminate or metal.
- Porous, or ‘thirsty’, surfaces like bare wood or MDF, tend to absorb paint meaning additional coats are likely to be required to achieve a durable finish. In this case, your 500ml tin will provide less than 3.5m2 of full coverage. If you apply the paint too thinly, durability may be affected.
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition for painting and clean, dry, free from wax, grease of penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint. Fill any holes/imperfections with a suitable filler.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse and dry. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away! For a great demonstration, see our video from Frenchic TV.
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended.
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement prior to each use.
Application, drying and sealing
- Apply with a good quality brush or a roller, Also suitable for spraying - thin with up to 15% tap water and apply additional coat(s).
- Allow a minimum of 2 hours between coats (even if the paint feels touch dry).
- Curing time is up to 2 weeks in normal conditions. Treat the newly painted surface with care until then.
- For floors, to avoid damaging the finish, do not walk on the area for 4 hours after painting and then with socks for the next 7 days. Also, try to keep pet paw claws off as well during this period. Do not allow the surface to become wet for at least a week. Continue to treat with care for up to 3 weeks.
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.