A pale and airy warm toned neutral beige. Soft, subtle and homely, giving a warm hug to your furniture.
Frenchic Furniture Paint has no hidden nasties (in fact all our ingredients are written on the can). It is an all natural, chalk and mineral paint that requires no stirring, shaking or the addition of water. We don’t add VOC’s, toxins or solvents and it has virtually no smell (which is important when painting indoors!). You’ll find that it is creamy, rich and has superior coverage. As an added bonus, Frenchic Furniture Paint has endured rigorous testing and has been EN:71-3 certified, meaning it is safe to paint children’s toys and nursery furniture.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior use only
- A traditional style chalk and mineral paint formulated for wooden furniture
- Also suitable for laminate and metal
- Minimal VOC content, virtually no odour
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified (safe for use on children’s toys) EN71-3:2013+A3:2019
- Self-priming – no primer or undercoat required
- Finish – chalky, requires sealing with a top coat or wax for durability
- A 750ml tin will provide a single coat of up to 8m2. Full visual coverage may require more than 1 coat, depending on the desired effect.
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition for painting - clean, dry, free from wax, grease of penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Frenchic Sugar Soap, rinse and dry. Hand-sand sufficiently to abrade the surface. Wipe off any dust, paint away! For a great demonstration, see our video from Frenchic TV.
- Take care on opening the tin lid – a Frenchic tin opener is recommended.
- Stir thoroughly with a wide implement prior to each use.
Application, drying and sealing
- Apply with a good quality brush or a roller
- Allow a minimum of 1 hour between coats
- You may prefer to sand between coats, depending on the desired effect
- Seal with your choice of Frenchic sealant
Clean up and storage
- Reseal tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Do not store where the tin could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.